Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Build Team - Metapod
Location: Cisco Systems, Inc. (Pasadena, CA)
The Business Entity
Metacloud, now a part of Cisco and known as Metapod, is a rapidly growing startup, that offers a unique opportunity for talented, passionate, and highly-creative software engineers to have a wide-ranging impact on our organization’s products, services, and architecture. Cisco Metapod delivers a true public cloud experience for users on their premises and behind their firewall. It offers full administrative control. It’s a production-ready, OpenStack-based solution that we engineer, deploy, and remotely operate, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As a member of our Build Engineering team, you will be responsible for implementing features, fixes, enhancements, and completely new services which will become essential components of the Metapod software stack.
Location: California or Austin, Texas candidates are preferred. Will consider remote employment for highly competitive candidates in other locations.
● Maintain and improve our CI/CD system, as well as potentially contribute improvements
back to the Openstack project.
● Improve our current packaging as well as explore improvements such as Docker
● Help us grow our testing capabilities to automatically regression, scale, and performance
test every commit we make to Openstack.
● Ongoing development of our automation (Ansible and Chef) code to manage and scale all
the work we do.
● Experience programming in Python or Ruby (Openstack is all python based but we use Chef, which requires some limited Ruby knowledge.)
● Experience with existing CI tools, such as Jenkins or CircleCI.
● Linux packaging experience, with either Debian or Redhat.
● Build Engineering team members need to be comfortable switching between development
work to improve tooling for our engineers to consume and devops work to monitor and
maintain our existing CI/packaging infrastructure and continue our drive to automate all
aspects of delivering Openstack to our clients.
● All candidates need experience with rapidly-changing, agile environments, and show that
they can not only thrive, but nimbly navigate the waters and keep priority tasks on target
and on date.
● A high degree of passion for your craft. We will ask for code samples, examples of highly
creative use of a language and/or platform, your contributions to an open-source project,
● You have to be able to “play nice with others.” Metapod seeks extraordinary minds, talent,
and abilities, but not at the expense of our company culture and the tranquility of our
employees and workplace.