Job Title: Wound Care RN
Primary Location: Kindred Hospital (Los Angeles, CA)
Wound Care RN - Full Time - Kindred Hospital Los Angeles
Kindred Healthcare is seeking a dedicated individual who will supervise and educate hospital personnel regarding the management of wounds and the prevention of Nosocomial pressure ulcers. Coordinate the investigation on improvement of nursing care and personnel performance and prepare reports.
- Develop treatment plan according to current wound care protocols; explain dressing rationale, institute preventive measures and monitor results of care delivered; communicate information to Supervisors and Director of Quality Management
- Advise physicians on status of wound patients
- Provide demonstrations on dressing techniques to educate and orient in-services nurses; give hands-on instruction regarding the principles of asceptic technique
- Provide a list of patients with Nosocomial pressure ulcers which includes patient’s name, site, state, support surface and dates of evaluation to the Director of Quality Management
- Identify patients requiring debridement procedures and alert attending physician
- Identify nutritional deficiencies, coordinate with Health Care personnel to solve nutrition problems and report results to respective supervisors
- While performing daily rounds, assist in delivery of patient care to accomplish wound care tasks
- Ensure adequate materials are on hand for every patient
- attend wound care education programs designed to enhance the benefits patients can derive from the most recent techniques/procedures available
- Previous experience in wound care highly preferred.
- Requirements include a current RN License.