Job Title: Full Time Visitor Services Associate
Location: The Getty Center and The Getty Villa.
One of the largest supporters of arts in the world, the J. Paul Getty Trust is an international cultural and philanthropic institution that focuses on the visual arts in all their dimensions. The Getty serves both the general public and a wide range of professional communities in Los Angeles and throughout the world.
The J. Paul Getty Trust is hiring Full-Time Visitor Services Associates in the Security and Visitor Services Department. These positions will be expected to work at both of our 2 locations, The Getty Center and The Getty Villa.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid California Driver's license with less than 3 DMV points
- Minimum 1-2 years related experience including cash handling
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule of about 3 days per week, totaling approximately 21-28 hours, day or night, as well as holidays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Class B Driver's license
- Proficiency speaking Cantonese, Mandarin, and/or Korean
- Applies basic knowledge of visitor services to routine tasks
- Provides assistance to visitors and staff in the Parking Office
- Responds to general questions and visitor needs including providing wheelchairs, strollers and umbrellas
- Maintains appearance of public transition spaces
- Distributes, collects and provides basic maintenance of audio guides and assisted listening devices
- Provides coverage in the Call Center and information desks by answering questions, providing information and assisting with ticketed events
- Assists with groups, school groups and events at both locations