Job Title: Lead Management Business Analyst
Location: YP (Glendale, CA)
We are looking for analytically minded people with backgrounds in Analytics, Finance, or Direct Marketing!
The Business Analyst acts as a “thought bridge” between information and the marketing strategy and sales performance deliverables. The analyst will work as part of the Customer Acquisition and Retention team to analyze and measure the effectiveness of lead scoring, prioritization, assignment and distribution of leads generated through online and offline DR internet acquisition and retention campaigns, as well as forecast and present test results. Marketing channels include: internet, direct mail, radio, direct response television, partner programs and alternative media.
- Play a key role in creating marketing campaign target lists and perform back-end analysis in a test-and-learn environment supporting marketing objectives.
- Analyzes targeted customer and target prospect lists for all direct marketing campaigns heavily tied to a test-and-learn, champion/challenger methodology using both in-house and third party databases.
- Incorporates key financial, behavioral, utilization and transaction data to optimize future test campaign structure, measuring the effectiveness and profitability for increased customer retention, loyalty, and needs-based cross-selling.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for the following: acquisition and retention offers, model/decile performance, forecasting, capacity planning, and cost efficiencies.
- Update, analyze and issue weekly/monthly/quarterly waterfall reports to facilitate key business decisions.
- Leverage key business metrics to anticipate needs for cross marketing opportunities to ensure business expansion; collaborate and coordinate with team members to identify data elements which are needed from data that currently exist.
- Identify levers to improve financial performance of predictive models, tests, and campaigns.
- Design and analyze A/B tests in order to optimize the channel.
- Propose next steps for improvement and refined testing.
- Analyze customer level data to extract new insights and growth opportunities
Candidate Requirements (KSA)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business with emphasis on information management (MIS), or a quantitative discipline such as statistics, math, economics or finance. Minimum 2 years in an analytic role.
- An understanding of direct marketing principles, best practices, and testing processes is recommended.
- Knowledge and experience with analytics: descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive.
- Must have keen analytical and excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate key performance metrics concepts to varied audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience building dashboards, reports and/or scorecards.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, multi-task and deliver requested work on time.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent follow-through abilities, as well as, a highly creative and analytical problem-solver.
- Has the ability to work in a team environment, values and delivers requests with precision and on-time, presents in a clear, concise and confident manner. Is a positive influence, and exhibits a conscientious work ethic.
Advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Access for data analysis.
Strong direct marketing tool kit.
Experience in “At Scale” direct marketing lead generation oriented organizations.
Experience with relational databases, basic SQL is preferable.
Understands how to use data to tell compelling one to one marketing stories.
Working knowledge of data and business process flows and corresponding data warehouses.
Attention to detail and strong organization skills; Prioritization of critical deadlines; Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and concurrent projects.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving/trouble-shooting, communications, presentation, and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills.
Excellent communication skills (oral and written). Proven ability to develop processes and practices to solve novel business problems.
Demonstrated success leading teams and organizations to meet mission critical business objectives.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Prior experience with a direct response advertising or consulting agency a plus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.