Proactively source, acquire, expand and retain small business and consumer customer relationships by maximizing sales opportunities. Ensure a world-class customer experience for all current and prospective customers.
• Develop strategies to grow the small business client base. Implement appropriate sales plans to target Book of Business customers. Build referral business opportunities through COIs and MGM.
o Be the small business expert in the branch.
o Handle credit requests less than $250K.
o Cross sell treasury and related small business products.
o Cross sell business owners and employees.
o Significantly contribute to the branch small business goals.
• Develop strategies to grow the consumer client base. Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit
strategies that are aligned with the branch's business plan to meet all scorecard goals.
• Transform service transactions to sales opportunities according to customer need.
• Provide value and advice to help our customers succeed financially and achieve deep lifetime
relationships. Meet all customer needs and strive to be their primary financial services company.
• Deploy all sales routines to maximize sales and service delivery including outbound sales calls,
completing client worksheet, conducting outbound activities.
• Cultivate partnerships with key support groups to drive sales and ensure that all customer needs are
• Establish and maintain key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted
industry segments and strategic initiatives (including Citigold and Citi@Work ) to create opportunities for growth. Refer opportunities to segment partners where appropriate.
• Achieve personal production goals by expanding existing relationships and acquiring new business,
utilizing effective calling techniques and leveraging all bank products and services.
• Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the
safety and security of customer and bank assets.
• Participate proactively in all huddles and branch communications and meetings.
• Create a warm, welcoming and friendly environment for customers and employees.
• Foster teamwork in the branch to ensure a positive overall customer experience.
• Support sales/service activities within the Branch by participating in seminars, micromarketing events,
promotional campaigns, product initiatives, etc.
• Provide ongoing coaching to Tellers to effectively identify referral opportunities.
• Proactively educate customers on utilizing available access channels (i.e. ATM, Online and Telephone
• Resolve customer complaints/issues promptly and effectively. Take responsibility for all customer
complaints and problems until resolved.
Bachelor's degree in business (preferred) or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years small business/retail/sales and service experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills
• Proven success serving the small business client
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others
• Basic computer skills
• Customer Service Orientation
• Demonstrated ability to implement external sales activities and participate in business development
• Strong problem solving capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to successfully deepen and retain customer relationships
• Strong financial/business acumen