Location: Urth Caffe (Los Angeles, CA)
Job Title: Staff Accountant
- Oversee the preparation of weekly and 13 week projected cash statements
- Maintain fixed assets sub ledger and supporting documentation, record additions, and disposals; process monthly depreciation expense; prepare monthly reconciliation with general ledger and related fixed assets; roll forward schedule for external auditors. In addition, maintain fixed assets data for income tax purposes in order to provide tax firm with annual tax depreciation
- Perform a monthly analysis of construction in progress account; record the necessary entries to capitalize project costs
- Assist with daily cash forecasting and assess availability of deposits
- Make cash management recommendations and execute cash transactions
- Prepare and enter period-end entries for intercompany payables and receivables
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis; research and resolve account reconciling items.
- Provide requested financial information and assistance to employees and management
- Prepare month-end accruals as needed
- Allocate appropriate expenses for management training, employee benefits, marketing, and other allocations, as assigned.
- Perform monthly variance analysis of expenses
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements, adjusting journal entries and supporting schedules
- Maximize efficiencies, organize work processes and procedures, and automate procedures through system improvements
- Highly organized
- Focused on follow through
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Pride in quality and quantity of work produced
- Positive, relationship-oriented attitude and communication style
- Recognize urgency in solving problems and completing critical work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or accounting.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP and variance analysis
- Over 8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Significant progressive experience in general ledgers, preferably in a fast paced environment
- Experience in financial statement preparation a plus.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Products such as Word and Outlook
- Advanced skills in MS Excel up to and including Subtotals, Filters, Vlookups, If formulas, Conditional Formatting, and Pivot Tables