Location: IBM (Los Angeles, CA)
Title Category: Manager - IT Services
• Primary responsibility is to achieve client success against all contractual commitments at a category level (strategic and tactical).
• Responsible to understand and achieve category deliverables, savings commitments, milestones and obligations, and establish a project plan to meet each.
• Develop client category charter, baseline, and market intelligence documents, overarching sourcing strategy and category management approach per IBM’s 7 step sourcing process.
Develop integrated (tactical and strategic) category sourcing strategy which delivers short term savings and drives category transformation through time.
• Developing category and sourcing strategies and perform sourcing execution activities.
• Provide category leadership and direction to Sourcing Buyers and Sourcing Analysts in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Responsible for on-going category management (strategy management) activities including driving supplier performance, demand management savings, and increasing category compliance.
• Communicate, negotiate, and own the relationship with clients and suppliers through all levels of the client organization. The Category Manager is the primary interface to key category client stakeholders. Executive Management communication and interface required.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of a global strategy within a large corporation and be able to drive and identify additional opportunities with client resulting in additional scope.
• The Category Managers position requires proficiency in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Word products
• Category Management work can be performed at client locations (domestic and/or international). Typically, the Category Manager will travel to the client site Monday through Thursday every other week.
Although the position is mobile due to the on-site client requirements, candidates located in Raleigh are preferred.
<More Info: https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/los-angeles-jobs-SRCH_IL.0,11_IC1146821_IP2.htm?fromAge=1>